By Ron Geesin
Read Online or Download Adjustable Spanner: History, Origins and Development to 1970 PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
Was once the electrical motor vehicle ever a possible competitor for the petrol one? This publication examines the connection of expertise, society and setting to selection, coverage and final result within the background of yankee transportation.
Within the 19th century, technological know-how and know-how built a detailed and carrying on with dating. an important developments in physics -- the technology of power and the idea of the electromagnetic box -- have been deeply rooted within the new applied sciences of the steam engine, the telegraph, and electrical energy and light-weight.
On the shut of the 19th century, industrialization and urbanization marked the tip of the normal knowing of society as rooted in agriculture. city Modernity examines the development of an urban-centered, industrial-based culture--an solely new social fact in line with technological know-how and expertise.
Genetically transformed meals, artwork within the kind of a phosphorescent rabbit implanted with jellyfish DNA, and robots that simulate human emotion would appear to be proof for the blurring boundary among the ordinary and the factitious. but as the deeply rooted notion of nature features as a cultural price, a social norm, and an ethical authority, we won't easily brush aside the excellence among artwork and nature as a nostalgic relic.
- Connecticut: Mapping the Nutmeg State through History: Rare and Unusual Maps from the Library of Congress (Mapping the States through History)
- At Home in Space: The Late Seventies into the Eighties (Springer Praxis Books)
- Taming the Muskingum
- The Romantic Machine: Utopian Science and Technology after Napoleon
- Great Columbus Experiment of 1908, The: Waterworks that Changed the World
- The Historiography of Contemporary Science, Technology, and Medicine: Writing Recent Science (Routledge Studies in the History of Science, Technology and Medicine)
Extra resources for Adjustable Spanner: History, Origins and Development to 1970
Adjustable Spanner: History, Origins and Development to 1970 by Ron Geesin